Here are some notes on releasing yourself from being jealous and/or envious. Wade Morris was a guest speaker at Overflow, Port City Community Church’s college ministry, and it was an awesomely convicting service.
1. Realize you’re not God
– God is in control – you are not.
2. Realize you need God
– Come to terms that you really cannot run your life on your own; you’re still not in control.
3. Trust God
– Trust that God knows exactly what you need in life. Also, trust that God is with you through sorrows and joys.
4. Delight in God.
– Sit down, set aside time to be quiet and talk to God (write in a journal, pray, etc.) Sometimes the quietest moments is when He speaks the loudest.
5. Commit your life to God
– It’s one thing to talk the Christian talk but it’s another when you actually walk the Christian walk.
This bible passage was given to go along with these notes during the service:
Psalm 37: 1-9 :
- Envy & Jealousy come from not being completely satisfied with what God has provided for you.
- Stop worrying about something that is going to come to pass anyway.